One of the best ways to get your business or firm recognized by the government is to get it registered as one of the tax-paying firms. When you have completed the process of tax registration in Dubai, a government allows a goods-service provider or a business firm to collect Value Added Tax from its customers and further process it to the government.
A firm needs to pay tax, which does a business on a large basis and enjoys a large amount of profit. Tax registration is only mandated for a firm that earns above a certain amount. However, a firm that does not have enough earning is exempted from paying tax.
What is a Tax registration number?
Tax registration is a very easy process when you have all the required documents. After you have registered as a tax-paying body, the government provides you with an exclusive fifteen-digit number. This unique number is what that the government uses to recognize your proceedings and tax submission.
A person under whom the number is registered is known as a registrant. Therefore, any transaction or business made in the name of the firm must include a registration number in all kinds of documents. Also, a registrant will be liable for all kinds of tax-related issues and proceedings.
Benefits of getting tax registration completed
- You become a legal and trusted firm that is recognized by the government. And it may help you gain more customers.
- It allows you to collect value-added tax from the customers and further process it to the government.
- You become eligible to take the VAT credits on your tax-generated invoice.
How to apply for tax registration in Dubai
It is very easy to get yourself registered as a tax-paying firm in the UAE. You just have to follow a certain set of rules, and your company should have a yearly income that is set by the government. Thus, let us look at all the steps that you have to go through to get your firm registered.
- The first step is to log in to the e-service of the Federal Tax Authority, and then get your firm registered.
- After you have registered, you will have to fill a form that has eight sections, that are mandatory to be filled, which records information about your firm. It also records the type of firm, its relationships, area of business, and also, confirms the legal aspect of your firm. However, your firm must have a yearly earning of AED 375,000, to be eligible to pay taxes.
- Then after you have properly reviewed your details, you will have to submit the form for further processing.
Once your information is cross-checked by an official of the tax authority, you will receive a tax registration Dubai number. However, it is a time-consuming process and can take up to three or four weeks.
A tax-paying firm is regarded as trustworthy by its customers. Consequently, if you are eligible, then it becomes very easy to get your company registered. Therefore, getting your company registered also allows you to do business overseas and expands your business opportunities.